Homemade Teriyaki sauce is so much tastier than the junkie stuff you find premade the store and it takes so little time and effort to make a great stir fry. You can have this meal on the table in less time than it takes to call Ching’s Table.
Serves: 4 (I need to double to feed my crew)
- ½c gluten free tamari (instead of soy sauce)
- 1/8c water
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼-1/2 tsp black pepper
- a few drops (like ¼ tsp or less) sesame oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- One orange or two tangerines squeezed juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sesame seeds (optional)
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over stir-fried veggies/meat and cook over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until veggies are slightly softened and meat is cooked through.