Perfect Paleo Turkey and Quinoa Meatballs
Serves: 4 servings (I quadrupled it and shared it with a few Reboot friends last night)
- 1 lb. organic, free-range, ground turkey
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup grated zucchini (excess water squeezed out)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated multi colored peppers
- 3-4 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1Ž2 tsp salt
- 1Ž2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of homemade or your favorite organic marinara sauce or serve with the guacamole pesto that I sent the recipe for in the last email
Food processor directions:
- Fit the processor with your metal S-blade. Place green onion, grated zucchini, carrots, peppers, basil, and garlic in the bowl of the processor and pulse to break up a bit. Add ground turkey, salt, and pepper, and pulse to combine. Try not to over process, but to get the ingredients combined.
Standard preparation directions:
- Place sliced green onion, grated zucchini, minced basil, and minced garlic on a cutting board. Mince with your knife further, until the veggie mixture is very fine. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare red quinoa according to package instructions (usually approx. 10 min in boiling water and drain)
- Add ground turkey, quinoa, egg, salt, and pepper and stir with your hands or a fork until the veggie mixture is well distributed.
- Scoop mixture and roll into meatballs. Place in a baking dish (I use a 9×13″ pan) and pour sauce over meatballs to coat or cook without sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.